18th century farmhouse with 10m x 4m heated swimming pool & 3 acres of well maintained grounds – sleeps 9 + 1 cot, only 1½ miles from the centre of Saumur, and a few minutes walk from the Loire river.
“Just wanted to let you know that we had the most fantastic holiday. Your house is even more beautiful than we imagined from the pictures and was absolutely ideal for us. You have equipped the house perfectly. We have done many self catering holidays over the years and we can honestly say yours is the best. There was not one thing that we found it lacking in. So thank you very much for 'sharing' your home, I think I'd want to keep it all to myself!”
We believe you will find La Métairie a home from home. The house itself is very tranquil, light and airy. All rooms are spacious, with quality furnishings, whilst the garden is simply amazing.
- Spacious, tastefully converted 18th century farmhouse with original oak beamed ceilings and exposed tuffeau stone walls.
- Extremely peaceful & completely secluded with walled gardens.
- 10m x 4m heated swimming pool, with large south facing sun lounge area.
- Sleeps 9 people plus 1 cot in 4 spacious bedrooms. Two double bedrooms, one bedroom with two single beds, and one bedroom with three single beds.
- Large play area for the younger children, and an annexe with a pool table, table football and a beer fridge for the not so young.
- Beautiful open plan living and dining rooms with large stone fireplace and Jotul wood fire, oak and leather sofas and a magnificent 10 seater solid oak dining table. Both rooms open onto the patio area of the garden.
- Large bathroom with bath, separate shower and WC. Second shower room and two more WCs.
- Fully fitted kitchen, with dishwasher, fridge freezer, microwave, oven and hob. Utility room with a washer/dryer.
- Three acres of grounds completely walled and fenced in. One acre is woodland, with the rest of the grounds being laid to lawn, with several mature trees, shrubs and fruit trees, and a working well.
- Our “secret garden” is separated from the main grounds by our driveway, is secluded and is often in shade. Perfect for anyone wanting to be outdoors, yet out of the glare of the sun, especially small children and the elderly.
- In addition to the swimming pool, outdoor entertainment includes a swing, rope ladder etc., a basketball ring and two football goals - there is enough space for a full size football pitch!
- At the side of the house there is a patio with tables, chairs and a chiminée BBQ.
As part of our determination to make your holiday as enjoyable as possible, we provide you with an Information Pack. This provides details (often with web links) of activities, places to visit, leisure pursuits, wine house and restaurants, as well as maps detailing several Châteaux in the region.
Prices per week (Saturday to Saturday):
Low = £750 Mid = £1,125 High = £1,500
Click here for an online tour of La Métairie.
Click here to email Kelly & Tom to check availability, or call them on 020 8330 6180